Export thread

John Deere d130 compression relief

J

John Beer

Hello everyone.
I have a 2012 John Deere D130 with a 22hp Briggs and Stratton 4077 77 0170 G5. I’m trying to track down some info if this engine has the notorious compression relief device on the camshaft. I’ve been on every possible parts warehouse diagram and when I look up the pictures for the cam part number (792555) it’s not showing it on the cam or in the parts diagram. I’ve read other posts of poor people pulling their engines out only to find out their engine doesn’t have it. The reason I’m looking into this is I have a once in a while hard start issue. I’ve voltage dropped every wire and jumped the solenoid. I’m guessing it’s the starter but I want to see if my engine even came the compression relief before going further.

Fish

Fish

Have you adjusted the valves?

J

John Beer

Have you adjusted the valves?
Yeah, checked them they are right at .005

Fish

Fish

https://www.ebay.com/p/21024334166?iid=233747186586 Here is an auction for one. Look at the pics.

Fish

Fish

Here is a snip of another one.

german.PNG

J

John Beer

Here is a snip of another one.

View attachment 57377

J

John Beer

Thanks!!! You think it’s possible that mine doesn’t have the compression relief system?

M

mechanic mark

Your camshaft does not have compression release.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

weren't there some cams that had a different grind/profile to the exhaust lobe(s) that took the place of the ACR.

StarTech

StarTech

The notorious camshaft heard about is the 793880 used in the 21, 28, 31, and 33 cu in single cylinder engines.

J

John Beer

The notorious camshaft heard about is the 793880 used in the 21, 28, 31, and 33 cu in single cylinder engines.
Thank you!!!!

S

slomo

Yeah, checked them they are right at .005
Which TDC stroke were you on? There is another one in a 4 stoke engine. Could of been on the wrong one.

slomo