H handyman84 Forum Newbie May 5, 2012 #1 I bought a new fuel solenoid and the mower will not start. I cover the fuel bowl with my finger and it starts right up. What could the problem be??
I bought a new fuel solenoid and the mower will not start. I cover the fuel bowl with my finger and it starts right up. What could the problem be??
D DaveTN Well-Known Member May 8, 2012 #2 handyman84 said: I bought a new fuel solenoid and the mower will not start. I cover the fuel bowl with my finger and it starts right up. What could the problem be?? Click to expand... Sounds like the unit's cut off needle is shutting off fuel. Electrical wiring problem it appears to be. Take the fuel solenoid/shutoff unit out and test it with the battery...see if it's working. Unit is not letting fuel in.
handyman84 said: I bought a new fuel solenoid and the mower will not start. I cover the fuel bowl with my finger and it starts right up. What could the problem be?? Click to expand... Sounds like the unit's cut off needle is shutting off fuel. Electrical wiring problem it appears to be. Take the fuel solenoid/shutoff unit out and test it with the battery...see if it's working. Unit is not letting fuel in.