John deer 125 lawn tractor mower

pepper

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you adjust the valves on the briggs and stratton engine on this mower

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Model number of the engine will help us out greatly. I just checked the JD site, and there is a 125 tractor, an LA125, and a D125

pepper

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you adjust the valves on the briggs and stratton engine on this mower

product id no gxo125ao34235 engine serial no 6bsxs7242vf model no 441577

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove both spark plugs. Remove the valve covers, turn the flywheel by hand until both valves are closed on one cylinder and the piston is 1/4" down on the power stroke, then loosen the adjusters and adjust to 004-006 for both valves and repeat for the other cylinder, and reinstall the valve covers with new gaskets or sealant if the engine originally came with sealant on the valve covers.

I think somebody has posted the manual for your engine in the Briggs and stratton section in would be the intek twin ohv manual

pepper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Remove both spark plugs. Remove the valve covers, turn the flywheel by hand until both valves are closed on one cylinder and the piston is 1/4" down on the power stroke, then loosen the adjusters and adjust to 004-006 for both valves and repeat for the other cylinder, and reinstall the valve covers with new gaskets or sealant if the engine originally came with sealant on the valve covers.

I think somebody has posted the manual for your engine in the Briggs and stratton section in would be the intek twin ohv manual

Thank you for your help ( pepper )