JD LX 176, no spark

For the last several days I have been having a problem with my JD LX 176 with no spark. It is a 98 Kawasaki 14 hp. FC 420V-ES10 engine. Sometimes it will start and run for quite a while but then again you might start it up and it will run for a few seconds and then just quite. Right now it has no spark at all, I have cleaned the plug still no spark. I removed the flywheel and stator and cleaned & checked them and looked alright but I did not remove the coil which I am beginning to believe might be the problem. It seems like sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I am going to replace the spark plug with a NKG plug if by chance it could be that as right now I have a Champion RN12yc in it. Any ideas or questions welcome.
 
To test remove the kill wire from the coil and see if you have spark. No spark replace the coil.
 
Back
Top