JD 425 fuel problem

Gcorron

Threads
Asking for a neighbor. He has a 425 tractor, and it stopped a week or so ago. The problem was that it was not getting fuel. Neighbor is a pretty handy guy.

He pulls the fuel line off the carb, and blows through it, air appears in the tank. He cleans the carb, no joy.

He buys a little electric fuel pump, puts it in line, it runs like a top. He said he could not see anything between the carb and tank.

The question is: where the heck is the fuel pump in this thing?

Thanks for the help guys,

George

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Asking for a neighbor. He has a 425 tractor, and it stopped a week or so ago. The problem was that it was not getting fuel. Neighbor is a pretty handy guy.

He pulls the fuel line off the carb, and blows through it, air appears in the tank. He cleans the carb, no joy.

He buys a little electric fuel pump, puts it in line, it runs like a top. He said he could not see anything between the carb and tank.

The question is: where the heck is the fuel pump in this thing?

Thanks for the help guys,

George

Is this a trick question? it's right where your neighbor put it.

Gcorron

Threads
It's right where your neighbor put it!

Good answer, he is not looking to change it immediately, it works well. He thought over the winter, he may put it back stock IF John ain't too proud of that part.

I'll forward the info to him.

Don't look at me, my tractor is diesel, and is colored Orange! I am very familiar with all the fuel system parts, and their whereabouts!

Thanks again,

George