JD 110 LA Mower fuel pump problem

Rama520

Forum Newbie
I have a problem with my mower fuel pump -it;s the vacuum type on a 19.5 hp OHC Briggs and Stratton engine . the vacuum tube is off the filler neck and accessive crankcase pressure is clogging up the vacuum chamber with oil so it stops pumping fuel . I'm suspecting headgasket or crankcase venting . any suggestions
 
I have a problem with my mower fuel pump -it;s the vacuum type on a 19.5 hp OHC Briggs and Stratton engine . the vacuum tube is off the filler neck and accessive crankcase pressure is clogging up the vacuum chamber with oil so it stops pumping fuel . I'm suspecting headgasket or crankcase venting . any suggestions

The vacuum is off the filler neck has me confused? What filler neck are you talking about?
 
I have a problem with my mower fuel pump -it;s the vacuum type on a 19.5 hp OHC Briggs and Stratton engine . the vacuum tube is off the filler neck and accessive crankcase pressure is clogging up the vacuum chamber with oil so it stops pumping fuel . I'm suspecting headgasket or crankcase venting . any suggestions


Can u please post a model number for us it will help us help u better thanks
 
The vacuum is off the filler neck has me confused? What filler neck are you talking about?

Sorry for the confusion - Enigine -s 19.5 Briggs and Stratton -Model # 31P677- Type -0130E1-The fuel pump has a hose running from the top of the oil filler neck to the fuel pump which I assumed was a vacuum hose
 
I have a Cub in my shop now with a B&S. The hose runs from the valve cover to the fuel pump, I can understand why yours runs from the oil filler neck to the fuel pump. I am going to guess that the crankcase is under a vacuum. Need someone who understands B&S better then I do.
 
Is your oil over full?
With the pulse line attached to the bottom of the oil tube if the oil is over filled then the pulse line gets full of oil.
 
I have a Cub in my shop now with a B&S. The hose runs from the valve cover to the fuel pump, I can understand why yours runs from the oil filler neck to the fuel pump. I am going to guess that the crankcase is under a vacuum. Need someone who understands B&S better then I do.

Thanks for responding - Iv'e since discovered a problem with the crankcase reed valve and all is good
 
Back
Top