Iv'e just joined up !

Sir Clip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I am from Cornwall, UK. and have ever since I can rember had to cut the grass. First it was fun and as a child (about 13) I restored a very old large Atco that had a cooling fan like a small aeroplane. The mower was a bit boring untill I attached behind it a wooden roller and seat. The neighbours gave me a few pennies for fuel and I gave them a sort-of-cut lawn. I was more interested in speed and figure eights round archards.:smile:
Now retired and still mowing. I have lost count of the ones that simply wore out. I am at the moment beating up a Honda HRB 423. This has the drive clutch not just slipping but not driving. It appears to be a beast to remove, all riveted in. I am wondering if anyone has had any experiance with this problem and could throw some light on it? Chris.

Roybretton

Threads
Good to hear you are from the UK, I joined the forum about a month ago, there are some interesting topics discussed. I hope you can enjoy the forum like I am!

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the Honda Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Helli Sir Clip... & Welcome to the FORUM...

I looked up your mower. I'm not sure that model is available in the states...
It appears to be a 17 inch cut, available in push type, rear wheel drive self propelled & a rear roller type...

I assume it is the clutch on the drive wheels that has failed... I can't say how to open it ... Can you pist a picture of it?
The underside or the mower looks slightly different than I'm use to seeing... it also has a very unusual looking blade:thumbsup:, looks like quite a system... :smile:KennyV

Sir Clip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi KennyV,
Thanks for the interest in this. It had me thinking that only parts that are non servicable are perminantly fastened in. This needs striping to mend.I just wondered if this is a common repair ? Of corse it's quit simple to grind off rivets but anothers experience is always welcome. Chris.

Attachments

• clutch 1.jpg
    clutch 1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 8
  • clutch 3.jpg
    clutch 3.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 7
  • clutch 7.jpg
    clutch 7.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 8
  • clutch6.jpg
    clutch6.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 7

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Chris...
It looks like the 'pop' rivets hold brackets that should stay on the deck, and that there are bolts that will allow you to remove and tilt the drive to service it...
I assume you have loosened the belt to allow for removal, and that it is normally not that loose during use...
:smile:KennyV