Export thread

is3000z

R

RRconductor

New here and hoping I can get some help with the problem I am having with my IS3000Z.My problem is when I push my left handle forward the mower does not move,when I pull it back the mower turns left and backs up.The right side works as it should forward and reverse.There are no leaks anywhere.I have not changed hydro oil and filter either since I have owned it (140 hours on it now).Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Allen

G

gregjo1948

I think the left handle should turn the machine to the right. The left handle powers the left wheel. gregjo1948

R

RRconductor

The left handle does turn the mower along with the right handle but when pushed forward along with the right it should go forward but the left seems to do nothing when handle is pushed forward but will back up when both handles are in the reverse position.When I have the mower jacked up with wheels off the ground the left wheel turns in both directions,but when lowered to ground it will not turn forward when left handle is pushed forward.Could the drive belt be the culprit?

G

gregjo1948

There should be an adjustment to equalize the wheel speed for each drive wheel. These adjustments are needed to keep the machine driving straight without having to constantly working the steering levers.Your manual will explain how to adjust. gregjo1948

P

pcclipper

The left handle does turn the mower along with the right handle but when pushed forward along with the right it should go forward but the left seems to do nothing when handle is pushed forward but will back up when both handles are in the reverse position.When I have the mower jacked up with wheels off the ground the left wheel turns in both directions,but when lowered to ground it will not turn forward when left handle is pushed forward.Could the drive belt be the culprit?

If the belt is broken the wheel would not turn in either direction. If you pull the left control to the rear, with the right control in neutral , the left wheel should circle the right wheel counter clockwise. If that is so, the belt is not broken, but maybe loose. If belt tension is good then something else is wrong.

R

RRconductor

I have checked the belts and adjusted the tension (the belt is not broken).The wheel turns in reverse when handle is pulled back and right handle in neutral.The wheel will turn forward when the handle is pushed forward and the right handle is in the neutral position when the mower wheels are off the ground,but when lowered to ground the left wheel will not move forward doing the same procedure.

P

pcclipper

Find the maker of the pump and motor, contact them to see if there is an adjustment somewhere. Maybe something simple, maybe not. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Let us know what you find.

G

gregjo1948

I think there is probably only one belt to run the hydro pumps and if the right side is is tight, then the left side should be tight. If the left side goes backwards as it shoud, then it is most likely out of adjustment. gregjo1948

R

RRconductor

I guess I am not explaining things right.There are two drive belts both are not broken and run on the same pulley`s and both are tight.I have noticed that the return lines coming into the hydro reservoir are not equal ( right side seems to have a greater volume of oil coming back in than the left) thinking possible problem with pump.

P

pcclipper

Have you checked the valves that put the pump in free wheeling? Maybe the left one is loose.

R

RRconductor

Both are tight.

P

pcclipper

I guess I am not explaining things right.There are two drive belts both are not broken and run on the same pulley`s and both are tight.I have noticed that the return lines coming into the hydro reservoir are not equal ( right side seems to have a greater volume of oil coming back in than the left) thinking possible problem with pump.

The lines to and from the reservoir sound normal. I supply and one return. The return should have a tee tying both return lines to one line that goes to reservoir.

P

pcclipper

I'm thinking you have a wheel motor problem. The left motor works in reverse but will it turn the mower when all is on the ground? If it turns the mower when the mower is on the ground, the pump is probably working ok. The wheel motor works in reverse but not forward, which to me would mean a bad wheel motor. Replace or rebuild.

P

pcclipper

Not Ferris but basics are the same.

Scag Hydraulic problem-help please

R

RRconductor

Took the pump apart and found that the valve plate and barrel assembly(holds the pistons) were worn smooth with grooves in the plate.Ordered new parts from Hydro-Gear,will put it back together when parts arrive,will keep you guy`s posted.Parts cost $130.00 with shipping compared to $400.00 plus for a new pump.

P

pcclipper

Good to know you can get parts and do it yourself.