Export thread

IS2100Z cuts out

G

greenguy

Engine cut out for 2-3 secs. 4 or 5 times w/in 20 mins., the other day while mowing. Last nite it cut out 4-5 times w/in 5 mins., also did it w/o mower deck engaged. Any thoughts or ideas. It is at the dealer now, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. 2 yrs old next month, 183 hrs. It acts like you are getting off the seat and back on.
Thanks.

G

greenguy

Engine cut out for 2-3 secs. 4 or 5 times w/in 20 mins., the other day while mowing. Last nite it cut out 4-5 times w/in 5 mins., also did it w/o mower deck engaged. Any thoughts or ideas. It is at the dealer now, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue. 2 yrs old next month, 183 hrs. It acts like you are getting off the seat and back on.
Thanks.
After 5 days @ the dealer, they found nothing wrong. Mowed for 5 mins., cut out, pulled in the garage, went thru every safety switch to see which was normally open/closed etc.. check every connection, found the ground wire from the battery to engine LOOSE!!! Tightened it up, hasn't acted up since. So much for dealer support!!!!

R

robbie22

needed more details as i am looking for something like this

G

greenguy

follow the black ground wire from the battery to the base of the engine, make sure the bolt is tight.