Is warming up your engine necessary?

Yeah, the warm up/cool down arguments are silly.. If we were talking about diesels and/or turbos, well that would be different.

Synthetic oils, well we all love to get excited about them, but not here.....
 
A push mower really isn't going to make a differance. We try to lay our zero turns and other bigger equipment idle a couple of minutes or at least run at a mid RPM without a load before we go for it. I also like to let that kind of equipment idle a minute or so before I shut it down.
 
A push mower really isn't going to make a differance. We try to lay our zero turns and other bigger equipment idle a couple of minutes or at least run at a mid RPM without a load before we go for it. I also like to let that kind of equipment idle a minute or so before I shut it down.



Yep same here, and it helps keep it from backfiring when you shut it down. I have a Kohler that refuses to run unless it warms up for a few minutes.
 
Back
Top