Export thread

Is the Walker MT 26 for commercial use?

B

bjc

Is it heavy duty, and how long do they last

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yes it's heavy duty, but I don't know how long it will last.

B

bjc

Do you have one?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

No I do not, but I did a LOT of research on ZTR mowers, and Walkers are good mowers!

B

bjc

My only problem is I want a Cyclone Rake, which is a vacuum for fall cleanup, and the Walker doesn't have a discharge to hook it up to.:mad:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Maybe you could attach the cyclone rake to where the grass comes into the back "box" of the Walker mower (if you are good at modifying things)......

F

FootHills Landscape

hi,
i run 3 mt 26's and have bought 2 new and 1 used. they are super super heavy duty and will probalbly last longer than you. the 2 that i bought new have 5000 and 4600 hours on them in 3 seasons. the one i bought used had 1500 hours on it when i bought it and now has 6000 hours on it and shows no signs of slowing down. as long as you (or a dealer) services them as often as walker says then they will run forever. hope this helped.:thumbsup:

B

bjc

thanks I am thinking about getting a used :smile:eek:ne

F

FootHills Landscape

That sounds like a plan. just make sure the hydros feel strong when you look at one cuz otherwise you have to pay a good 1500 bucks for em to get replaced

txzrider

txzrider

It looks like that walker has a optional side discharge deck... (edit, oops... I reread the above posts and noticed you were looking at a used one.) it seems like you could make that work. My newer County Clipper does great with it.

B

bjc

I need one!!!

F

FootHills Landscape

the walker side discharge decks work well and very evenly distribute clippings, however, they do shoot it about 10 feet. i would reccomend the mulch decks or mulch rear discharge decks as i often find myself mowing up close to beds and along streets where it is best to keep the clippings within the pass.

J

jerrieric

I bought an MT26EFI new and spent 15k in '06. Got the high dump option and lights. Prettry pricey. After 235 hours total on the mower as of this year '12, the blower unit got a hole worn in it. I replaced that last week to a tune of $698. Called the distirubtor and they said that was a real good price. I said, how can commercial lawn people afford to maintain these tractors if they have to put this kind of money into them after 235 hours. And the 235 hours included probably 50 hrs snowblowing. So the mower did not have that many hours on it. They claim I must mow in allot of sand. Well I do have some but not much. The new blower unit has a metal reenforcement plate welded on top where mine wore through. So to me, this was a mfg defect. I looked at all the different mowers before buying this one and Walker was the only one that was compact and had the high dump. I had a Gravely for 20 years prior to this and the only thing I needed to replace on it besides a belt and blades over the years was the impellar on the blower. Sorry for the venting.