Introducing the All-new STIHL Zero-turn mowers

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The end of this is important.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep. With a few mods. But hey, Ferris makes a great ztr.
True enough.
Most of the local OPE dealers, in my area, carry Stihl products. I don’t see many of them carrying the new mowers. Most of the dealers carry two or three different brand mowers. I just can’t see them adding the Stihl mower line.
I’ll check around. There is one near me who might carry them. They already carry Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. I see that Stihl also has a residential lineup.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If B & S are going to survive then they will need to do a lot more of this
MTD hood winked them into closing down Murray so actively rebadging Simplicity & Ferris will go a little way towards recovery
Remember they are now supplying 1/3 of the volume of engines that they used to .
And in todays market it is all about high volume low margins so every extra engine counts .
Stihl has always suffered agains Husqvarna in not having the diversity of products.
Down here they did a deal with Honda so most Stihl dealers also sell Honda but that only adds walk behinds to the line up
They toyed with World Lawn but thankfully that partnership has been abandoned as I am yet to find a worse made and less supported product than World Lawn, they even make MTD look well made .
I even had the local World Lawn distributor advising that I pop the seals on their "genuine factory bearings " wash the lubricant out & replace it with proper bearing grease , hummm.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
True enough.
Most of the local OPE dealers, in my area, carry Stihl products. I don’t see many of them carrying the new mowers. Most of the dealers carry two or three different brand mowers. I just can’t see them adding the Stihl mower line.
I’ll check around. There is one near me who might carry them. They already carry Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. I see that Stihl also has a residential lineup.

The local dealer here has Gravely. Tons of them. And are not carrying the Stihl. I just talked to the and she said I can't even order one through them. I'd have to go to Pine Bluff. Which isn't much further than my local dealer. But they are here.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about buying a new zero turn.

My closest Ferris dealer is double the miles than Stihl.

Last edited: