The official guidelines that I have seen from the EPA is it is a $38,500 fine to the dealer and a $3000 fine to the consumer if caught effective with the 2010 quideline changes. Prior to that day the maker, distributor, and dealer were responsible. Now the end user can also be fined. A $38,500 fine per day for any engine in the dealership missing the required emissions stickers
California has inspectors now. They have emissions laws with lawn equipment![]()
Remember the matress tag police? I think what has happened is that they have taken the emissions training so when they sneak a peek at your mattresses they can also look at hand tools.:laughing:
Home owner or Dealer? Lawn equipment isn't license for the road and operated on private property. Its very hard for me to understand how anybody can just inspect someone's personal lawn equipment. Has California become a police state? Seeing I live in NY state I don't know what laws the dealers in California have to follow. 35,000 dollars would put a small business under, is that how the great state of California treats small business. Sure glad I don't live there. Here I NY we can still adjust a carburetor and not go to jail.