Export thread

Instrument screeen question on Tiger Cat 2

M

mac0822

Bought a Tiger 2 last year, new. I just got it out from hibernation (in Vermont). I noticed the oil pressure and temperature does not register on the screen. Just shows 0%/no bars. The battery %/bars registers, but not the others. This may have been the case since it was new, but i didnt notice.

Suggestions? Thank you

John R

John R

My Tiger Cat II is the same, I just added a air filter restriction minder, and it works great.
As far as oil pressure, and engine temp, there for different models.

M

mac0822

My Tiger Cat II is the same, I just added a air filter restriction minder, and it works great.
As far as oil pressure, and engine temp, there for different models.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does the air filter restriction minder do?

So, you're saying my gauge is actually working correctly and if I wanted oil pressure and temp measured, I needed to buy a higher end model?

Thanks again!

John R

John R

Not sure if oil, and temp can be added to the Tiger Cat II, the air filter minder will let you know when the air filter is starting to plug up and time for a filter change.
Not sure if the others can be added, I only found one extra plug coming out of the wire harness.

I think engine temp is for water cooled units, not sure about the oil pressure

Sweats

Sweats

... And as much as I respect Kawi's and as much as I'm pleased with my Kohler, yadda yadda, I wish I could get the filter sensor. Bummer that it's not an option for my Kohler. I really like the concept from a maintenance standpoint, not to mention, let's face it; it makes the Tiger Eye even cooler.

John R

John R

... And as much as I respect Kawi's and as much as I'm pleased with my Kohler, yadda yadda, I wish I could get the filter sensor. Bummer that it's not an option for my Kohler. I really like the concept from a maintenance standpoint, not to mention, let's face it; it makes the Tiger Eye even cooler.

Should be able to get it for Kohler, I believe it said on the box it was for both.

Sweats

Sweats

Should be able to get it for Kohler, I believe it said on the box it was for both.

I'll dig around. I'd love to be wrong about this.

John R

John R

Scag Part number 922U

Here ya go: https://www.scagmowerparts.com/scag-922u.html

Sweats

Sweats

Almost. Looks like it'll go on just about everything but mine ( Kohler 29 hp EFI). Thanks for looking it up though.

John R

John R

Call the place and check, won't cost anything but a little time.

Sweats

Sweats

Called. Can't do it. Will explain tonight.

John R

John R

You do have the large canister filter don't you?
Seems Scag should be able to advise you on what to do, have you checked with your dealer?

Sweats

Sweats

Yes, I ended up calling a local Scag dealer. A couple of the guys there looked around some and found that the 25hp Kohler has a spot on the elbow just below the filter housing for the sensor. The 29hp doesn't have a location for the sensor. We talked about work-arounds but decided against. On the bright side, apparently Kohler makes a sensor I can install; I just won't be able to incorporate it with the Tiger Eye display.