Impatient

impatient

Forum Newbie
Threads
I read a lot about putting the drive belt back on that pulley on the motor shaft. some said the correct way was removing the five eights bolt or removing a bunch of things. well, l took a little shot of whiskey, just kidding, of wd 40 and sprayed the belt right where it goes on the pulley. I then took an old cut off screwdriver and while turning the bigger pulley forced the drive belt into the shroud and it started to go in. finally it went in. I just got lucky, but it saved me having to remove a bunch of parts.

logert gogert

Threads
finally it went in. I just got lucky, but it saved me having to remove a bunch of parts.
wouldn't consider the drive pulley being held on by a bolt a lot of parts, but anyways good thinking, even though I'm surprised it went in because some mowers have REALLY close belt keepers around the pulley.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Dang people are so lazy that prefer risk damaging an expensive belt. All you got to do most time is the drop the double stack pulley or PTO clutch. Sometimes the drive pulley is siezed so the engine needs unbolted to get the belt on but is not that that complicated. Opps it may be some.

Got to be carefully with Cub Cadets as many aftermarket part sellers will sell you a 1/2 even when CC specs a 7/16 belt. Plus most MTDs which CC is part of don't like the out of spec aftermarket belts.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spraying a belt with a lubricant is not a good idea, as the lubricant will leave a residue which will attract dirt and shorten the life of the belt.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Plus some actually soften the belt leading to belt failure.

logert gogert

Threads
and also, out of all the things, THIS is your first post? LOL..