I'm new to the forum, but could use some help.

mikew5150

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 52100x92A 52" deck mower with a 20HP briggs and Stratt. This has been an amazing mower, but the motor is shot. I was looking for a new motor, but they no longer make or sell the B&S 460700. I would love to find out which newer model motors with be a direct fit to go into my mower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

txzrider

Threads
try smallenginewarehouse.com That is where I bought my 19hp to replace the 28707 I had in my snapper. They can tell you what a direct replacment is and what you could upsize it with...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your local dealer should be able to give you a direct replacement model. He may even have a good used replacement for you. Never hurts to ask.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would look on Craigslist for a cheap mower that you can swap the engine on to yours.
Or like has been said go see a dealer or a small engine repair shop.
Most any Briggs engine will work for your mower only thing you would need to do is redo the wires. Take a few pics of where every wire connects to your engine and you can then adapt them to fit the new engine.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I Agree with Rivets, a dealer is going to be your best bet for what you're looking for new and or used.