Export thread

IKON xd having issues 2.2 hrs

K

kevinIKONxd

Ok so I switch to a Airens Ikon with Kawa FR691V. I bought this at the end of last summer with 1 hr. on it private sale...They sold house and everything with it. I ran it about 45 minutes at end of season no problems.
I left gas in it all winter, maybe thats the issue ?? >>... I started it yesterday and after about 10 minutes I heard a small backfire/miss while running, then again a couple of times. A few more minutes and it wanted to shut down, I could make it back to the barn by choking it on and off.... I waited about an hour and started it right back up , seemed fine went about 40 yards and that was it, had to use the choke to get back to the barn. I am no where near a dealer and thought I seek help here first, any thoughts?

B

bertsmobile1

Take he float bowl off the carburettor
If it has water in it then drain the tank. let the water settle out then put the clean fuel back in .
If it has varnish or corrosion in it remover the carb & clean it .
While the bowl is off check that the float valve flows freely ( crank the engine ) and that the solenoid retracts fully when the power is on

K

kevinIKONxd

Take he float bowl off the carburettor
If it has water in it then drain the tank. let the water settle out then put the clean fuel back in .
If it has varnish or corrosion in it remover the carb & clean it .
While the bowl is off check that the float valve flows freely ( crank the engine ) and that the solenoid retracts fully when the power is on
OK will try this first, Thank You