Export thread

Ikon xd 52 wheels / tire upgrade

Cb83

Cb83

I feel like I spin a lot in my yard, would upgrading tires do anything? I do 3 point turns all the time, try not to completely stop turning one wheel so it drags. It still tears up my yard. Would upgrading to a bigger wheel help?

J

J316

I feel like I spin a lot in my yard, would upgrading tires do anything? I do 3 point turns all the time, try not to completely stop turning one wheel so it drags. It still tears up my yard. Would upgrading to a bigger wheel help?
Don't know about 'feel like' but I've been THINKING about changing out my rear tires with a bar-type model like Kenda and Carlisle make. I've been reading some reviews that say they offer much better traction without digging up the lawn....."IF" the operator does their part!

bkeller500

bkeller500

I've given some thought to a more aggressive tire for my Walker mower to replace the Turf-Saver style it came with because of a couple spots on my berm where they tend to slip. But reading post like this one I noticed some guys reported the gains by a tire with bar-type or a more aggressive style tread to allow more grip climbing hills, also can tear up a yard when turning. There must be a reason most tractors and XT's deliver with turf savers.. Now I am thinking maybe a bigger turf saver or a wider turf saver would be a better choice.

J

J316

I've given some thought to a more aggressive tire for my Walker mower to replace the Turf-Saver style it came with because of a couple spots on my berm where they tend to slip. But reading post like this one I noticed some guys reported the gains by a tire with bar-type or a more aggressive style tread to allow more grip climbing hills, also can tear up a yard when turning. There must be a reason most tractors and XT's deliver with turf savers.. Now I am thinking maybe a bigger turf saver or a wider turf saver would be a better choice.
There's always a trade-off I guess. I'll probably swap the tires on my ZT-HD at least by next season. This'll be my first zero turn mower, so I have everything to learn. I believe it's coming with Kenda's "Klever" tires that 'look' a little more grabby than turf savers; time will tell.

Attachments

J

J316

There's always a trade-off I guess. I'll probably swap the tires on my ZT-HD at least by next season. This'll be my first zero turn mower, so I have everything to learn. I believe it's coming with Kenda's "Klever" tires that 'look' a little more grabby than turf savers; time will tell.
Sorry, my dementia flared again, the tires are Reapers, not "Kleavers"🤡

B

bullet bob

:ROFLMAO:

StarTech

StarTech

Sometimes it can be caused by users having the deck gauge wheel on the ground. Plus some ZTRs are just too light in the rear. I have Husqvarna ZTR that simply will not turn good if the gauge wheels are on the turf.

M

MParr

What air pressure are you running in your tires?

Cb83

Cb83

Sometimes it can be caused by users having the deck gauge wheel on the ground. Plus some ZTRs are just too light in the rear. I have Husqvarna ZTR that simply will not turn good if the gauge wheels are on the turf.
I'm almost always cutting around 3.5" or higher so that's not an issue.

Cb83

Cb83

What air pressure are you running in your tires?
I'll have check, I can't remember the number off hand. But I know it was in the "recommended" range.