Identify this 52"?

Cgts18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I'm looking at purchasing this for $250. I was told it needs a clutch, but i have not been able to get the mower model. It's got a 15.5hp engine on it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200208_230954.jpg
    20200208_230954.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 24

Cgts18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any tag on the mower itself is partially gone or too faded to read.
I have an splh140kw that's similar, but a 36" with a different hydro setup, also does not have a battery to engage the clutch like the 52".

Anyways, picked it up for $150. Hope i don't need to dump too much into it..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks to be a commercial mower in pretty decent shape. I'd say that was a deal even if it does need some TLC.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That sticker probably said proline. Old commercial walkbehinds can be gems or turds. Some guys maintain them really well while others just run the crap out of them and just replace them when they rag them out. Checkout the engine and any hydros. Usual things that cause commercial guys to get rid of them. If you bought it from the company that used it they really should have the model number if they have been buying parts for it. If you bought it from someone else be wary. If they picked it up to flip they would be fixing and then getting thier best dollar for a working mower. He may be cutting his losses on it for 150. There is a pretty good market for used walkbehinds to second tier lawn care guys. The sulky is probably worth the 150 by itself.

Last edited:

Cgts18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah this one needs hydros serviced, and I'm weary about replacing the oil because my other snapper 36" takes 10w30, but ive never heard of the oil they recommend for these unless the oil for the part number has changed over the years.
Spindles aren't seized, new rear tires, needs belts, bushings, and a possibly a clutch (which im going to see if it's a switch first).
The deck is in fairly good shape too, just done surface rust mostly.
I did buy out from a guy who said he bought them four his son to start cutting lawns but he never did. He paid $600

Cgts18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found it. SPLH**3kw. From the manual it should have a Kawasaki motor, but there's a briggs on it now, so i don't know if they replaced it or what.