I swear, our luck is horrible

monica123

Threads
We now have a broken trimmer, a broken mower and a broken chainsaw. The chainsaw will take more to fix than it's worth, the lawn mower got broken trying to be fixed and now the trimmer, maybe we should go for something without a motor~

Bessy

Threads
my grandmother would always say that bad luck runs in 3's, so hopefully that is the last broken thing this year for you. Hopefully you can either repair them or fix them easy enough.

SallyA

Threads
The old-style push mower might be an option. Seriously, sorry to hear about all the problems. Sales will be coming up. I'd check them out!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We now have a broken trimmer, a broken mower and a broken chainsaw. The chainsaw will take more to fix than it's worth, the lawn mower got broken trying to be fixed and now the trimmer, maybe we should go for something without a motor~

There are manual saws and axes, push type reel mowers, and old-fashioned weed whackers with the serrated blade...we should all appreciate the ease our power equipment enables us to do our yard chores with, at least when they are working properly.

Could it be that your broken equipment is being overworked, like using a push mower for 3 foot high weeds, or an electric chainsaw for heavy duty tree felling? So far this year I've had a 4 year old self propelled push mower give me problems, plus a gas blower, plus an gas trimmer, plus an electric power washer, I am more handy than many people but I always seem to have two or three items to be fixed at any one time.

monica123

Threads
We only use the trimmer for tall grass, anything bigger my husband takes down manually, as for the mower, he only uses it to mow the grass, nothing else, and usually kept on top of the grass and the chainsaw only was used for firewood.

173abn

Threads
Monica,It's always a bummer when your equipement is broke down.hope you can get it squared away. russ

monica123

Threads
Thanks Russ, I am just getting angry that everything has been down and so far none of them seem to be easy fixes, most are more money to fix than their worth and now I have to deal with Ryobi warranty again!

Usedtorent

Threads
That does just about stink! And it's not a good time of year to have it all break down either. I bet your lawn is getting out of control. Is there someplace you can take the items for repair? Are they worth repair or are you buying new?

Homesteader

Threads
Hang in there. We have two riding mowers, both down. We have two push mowers, one works. None of the weed whackers are working. So we're down to two slings and one mower cause we can't afford to fix anything now.