I need to Macgyver my dehumidifier

2ball

Threads
I have a regular house dehumidifier in my crawl space and it takes care of business perfectly. I have it draining into my sump pump via a plastic hose that comes out of the back of it. It's currently not draining through the hose. It has a small tank on it that looks like a drawer on the front of it. I can't figure out why the old hose does not drain.
I should be able to drill a hole in the front drawer tank and connect a hose to that?
I would use something like this https://www.amazon.com/Joywayus-Con...lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=A1AOZNO078ITBS&th=1

I would put it about half way up the tank, so I can use gravity to get the water to the sump pump and so the tank never fills and shuts the machine off. The new hose run would be 2 feet of less.

That should work right?

Telesis

Threads
Existing hose is likely clogged. Mine clogs 1 a year or so. Dust buildup as water drains. Check it out.

2ball

Threads
Existing hose is likely clogged. Mine clogs 1 a year or so. Dust buildup as water drains. Check it out.
I unhooked the hose and blew through it. There was initially some resistance then it cleared. Hopefully that fixes it, but we will see. I may have left the hose too long. The end of the hose is under the water level of my sump pump.
The gravity feed hose connection is pretty high on the dehumidifier. I am unclear exactly how it works, does the water go through the hose before it goes to the holding tank or does the holding tank fill up then overflow into the hose?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dirt, wasps, spiders and algae.

Make sure the drain hose has a slope away from the machine.

Ants and other bugs love that condensation water. This is why you probably have a ton of spiders and numerous other bugs.

2ball

Threads
Dirt, wasps, spiders and algae.

Make sure the drain hose has a slope away from the machine.

Ants and other bugs love that condensation water. This is why you probably have a ton of spiders and numerous other bugs.
I sealed my crawl space to fix a moisture problem. The sump is covered with plastic and taped tight. My ac drains into it and my dehumidifier, both taped tight. No bugs, no smells and no mold!