I need help Identifying this ignition coil.

MowerNick

Threads
Question, is your spark plug looking real dirty when this happens? If so you could have an internal head gasket leak which would foul the plug as well

Rich72

Forum Newbie
Threads
No the spark plug is brand new, he original problem was my spark plug didnt have any continuity when I tested it with an ohm meter, so I replaced it with a new one, I also tested the coil while it was on the motor after disconnecting the kill switch. The numbers seem to bounce around alot on one side of the coil but I figured maybe it was a little dirty. The same thing happened again where the spark plug looked brand new on the outside but inside there was a disconnect. Thats when I pulled the coil and tested it more thoroughly. So I replaced both the spark plug for a second time and also replaced the coil. It seems to run fine now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why oh why are you frigging around with your confusion meter ?
If you really want to test the coil then you will need an oscilloscope and a flux generator at the minimum because there is a Hall Effect timing chip of some sort on the primary windings
Secondly coils are no longer repairable so they are a works - don't work situation