Export thread

I Need a air filter for a Vintage 8hp Briggs rear engine snapper rider

J

jeep534

I am in need of a air filter for my mower
model 280686 s/n 7361 7783
briggs model 190702 type 2190 01 code 88121 109

no idea what type and year thi mower is.

Happy Hunting
archie

R

Rivets

Three different filters were used n that engine. Do a google search each of these numbers to see which one looks like yours. 270251, 496047, 270579

StarTech

StarTech

Most likely your mower is a 1989 model if it still has the original engine as the engine was built Dec 11, 1988.

J

jeep534

Guys thank you ... it is the 270251 however i need the metal parts and bolts as well

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

This should be it, air cleaner and parts, top right in diagram

J

jeep534

Scrubcadet10
I apreciate the link however the part I need is un available
Happy Hunting

R

Rivets

If you spend a little time checking out your local repair shops I’m sure you can find those parts. Might need to clean and repaint them, but there are plenty out there.

B

bertsmobile1

Double ditto again.
I must have at least 5 of them in my stash & I have only been serviceing mowers for a short while.
The trick is to find a repair workshop , one that only repairs old mowers & sells used ones .
If the place a big plate glass windows & 3 smiling salesmen running around you are in the wrong place.
Down here you find them in residential areas, usually trading out of their double garage, with a triple car port in front of it. .
Print out the parts tree page and take it with you

J

jeep534

All the repair shops I have found here don't have such an animal. I have rolled a bunch of miles looking for one. The last guy an amish man said he had never worked on a snapper
Berts mobil, Would you be willing to sell me one out of your stash. I am not worried about the condition this is a deily driver machine

Thank You
archie
P.S. I am in WV

B

bertsmobile1

I reside in Australia so postage from here will be a little on the excessive side.
The air filter is not unique to Snappers as we never got them down here.

R

Rivets

Goggle search Briggs part number 390379. You should be able to find what you want.

J

jeep534

it comes up many places but no photo

E

enigma-2

Does this come close?

R

Rivets

No, he needs the small flat foam one, plus the housing. Part number for filter is 370379.

M

Mow Joe