I made a big mistake...

lawndood

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased an Echo PB9010T two days ago to use for my small mowing business. I have never used equipment with a 2 stroke engine, nor did I fully understand how to properly operate said equipment. Long story short, I thought I could run it with straight gas. 5 minutes into blowing it craps out on me. So far I've drained the gas, added new gas with the proper mixture of oil, changed the spark plug, checked the air filter, and that's as far as I know to troubleshoot. I definitely damaged something internally for it not to be starting. Should I take it as a loss or is there something I could do to salvage it? Thank you in advance for all the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have made a terminal error
The cylinder & piston are now ruined beyond repair and will require replacing
For tax purposes I would list it as being stolen from your van & buy a new one for now .
Over the off season chase up replacement parts if you are mechanically competiant .

Bertrrr

Threads
It's Done - Get another same model , salvage all the usable parts of the first one and you'll have back up parts for the new, If I don't see blue smoke from the exhaust on a 2 cycle , I use more oil in the mix.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Reading the instructions on something unknown (Prior) like that is always prudent..

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Reading the instructions on something unknown (Prior) like that is always prudent..
You straight gassed a 2-stroke! Scored piston, rings, and cylinder. Sometimes costly mistakes can be a huge long term learning lesson in life. I have never straight gassed a 2-stroke, but have run an engine or two without oil. It did not end well.