Hydro Gear Manual

Picked up the parts today and just got done reassembly. Tomorrow I will add oil and check for leaks. Can't test until I install it, as it is a hydro. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
 
Whats the recommended oil in a hydrogear?
321-0510 box fitted to a Husqvarna CTH150 XP.
If I remember right it was 20-50.
Old machine but changing oil to try and improve performance.
I found a fill plug at top so removed box to empty.
 
Silvery oil is an indication of metal flakes in the oil, which usually means big $$$$$. If it's milky silver it might be water, but I doubt it.
 
Just got done installing and testIng the unit. Everything works as it should. IL the one thing I think I figured out is that the manual for the 310 tranny will work for the 312 tranny. While I had it tore down I looked at the assembly and all the parts and to me everything looked the same. Thanks for all your help, I owe you one. Rivets
 
simplicity service bulletin,98-14, replace transmission pulley set screws p/n..1708269 torque to 90-100 inch lbs,may not mean much, but i was looking for the 312--800 and i found my books from the simp update seminar from 1998,and the hydro gear 310-0800 repair manual was in there,i remember replacing one input shaft on a regent but the owner was towing lawn ornaments around his yard.lol
 
Back
Top