Hydraulic drive belt replacement

LynnInTenn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new here. I am trying to remove and replace the hydraulic drive belt on my Snapper ZT20500BV mower. I got the deck belt out of the way at the crankshaft pulley. I disconnected the spring and anchor hook. Belt is just hanging there. How do I get it off of the crankshaft pulley?? There is a bracket that is in my way. My manual just said to disconnect the spring and remove the belt but it appears there is more to it than that. I am a female, but fairly mechanically inclined. I really don't want to start taking things apart if it's not necessary.
Thanks for any help.

Lynn

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...
There may be some guide fingers around the pulley they are there to keep the belt from falling off when the idler pulley bounces... If it is those belt guides you are referring to... you can loosen the bolts that hold them, just enough to allow the belt to pass... some folks will bend them to clear, but you should be able to get them past.... :smile:KennyV

LynnInTenn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply KennyV. I'm going to give it another look this morning.

LynnInTenn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. The hydraulic drive pulley is above the deck pulley. That bracket keeps me from removing it.

Attachments

• IMG_5550.JPG
    IMG_5550.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5551.JPG
    IMG_5551.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5552.JPG
    IMG_5552.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 16

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
"That bracket keeps me from removing it"

Remove the four bolts on that bracket, you should be able to fit new belt.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep ... that's the clutch anchor point, You will have to get under it... also you will need to unplug the clutch wiring...you may be able to Just tale out the bottom 2 bolts, that part is a bit flexible and the clutch will rotate a bit out of the way... :smile:KennyV