Husvarna 350 Chainsaw

hitmanharleyk

Well-Known Member
What size file do I need for shapering the chain on this saw?

I inherited one in great shape and was curious as to if there in a "standard" pitch for this saw.

It hadn't been run in almost 2 years, I added gas and with 2 pulls she was purring like a new one. After my father passed somehow it got stuck in a ice cooler and was "lost" for a while, but I guess that was a good thing as it kept it out of the elements.
 
Depends on what chain and bar that is on it.
Usually an 18" guide bar with .325" chain so file would be 3/16 or 4.8mm.
There should be a number or letter on the chain or numbers on the guide bar.
 
What size file do I need for shapering the chain on this saw?

I inherited one in great shape and was curious as to if there in a "standard" pitch for this saw.

It hadn't been run in almost 2 years, I added gas and with 2 pulls she was purring like a new one. After my father passed somehow it got stuck in a ice cooler and was "lost" for a while, but I guess that was a good thing as it kept it out of the elements.

With the time that's involved in sharpening a saw it's cheaper and easier to just buy a replacement chain or blade.
 
Where does the 350 fall as far as Commercial or Home-Owner?

Never owned a saw even though I have ran one plenty, grew up on a farm. Considering this one was free with very few hours, it is a good deal either way.
 
Back
Top