Hustler Super z 60" cutting question

firefightermdo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a Super Z 60" deck. I have had to replace the belt, one spindle, and the idler pulley. I have noticed while cutting the blade that is on the discharge side of the deck is cutting the grass a little higher than the other 2 blades. I can tell a difference when I am cutting the grass. If there is anything I can do to fix this all helps and tips would be greatly appreciated. It bothers me that it is leaving the grass cut like this and would like to fix it! Thank yall very much for yalls help!

DJ660

Threads
Super Z's had 2 possible spindle shafts. Short and long. Possible the blade cutting higher is the "Short" spindle shaft, while the others are the "long" shaft. Hustler made a blade spacer kit to adapt the older "stepped" blade to the new "Flat" style blades.

firefightermdo

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spindle i replaced was the middle spindle. I never touched the blade on the discharge side. Any ideas?

DJ660

Threads
That Blade on upside down? (Stupid question but I gotta ask) measure each blade from top of blade to top of deck. Make sure there all pretty damn close. Other than that check deck level and pitch after checking air in tires of course.