Hustler sdx vs Ferris 700.

Deere4955

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know I know. This stuff is hashed our all over the web. I’ve scoured pages and pages. But I have the opportunity to buy a 2013 Ferris 700 with 185 hours(appears to be correct by the shape it’s in) new motor. Something about the old one cracked and Briggs sent the dealer a new updated motor. My brother works at the dealer and was the one that put the motor on. $5000. Or buy a new Raptor SDX for $5800 with flex forks. I just got done mowing with the Ferris. It did great in my yard. Some stragglers but seemed like when I pulled the throttle back a pinch it did better. Blades look like they could use a nice sharpening. I went across the road to the ditch that I haven’t mowed yet this year and the weedy stuff was 10-12” and I had to mow it twice. Really thin stuff. I loved the ride of the Ferris. I could book it full speed across my yard and didn’t bother me. Usually borrow families 757 and it leaves lots of stragglers and I drive super slow because of bumps. 2 acre yard but butts up to a field and we till what we can just so I don’t have to mow it all. But still a heavy acre of mowing. And I work a lot so I want the big 60” deck. Which both machines have. I’m caught in the middle. Never even sat on the hustler.