Hustler Raptor steering question

HuTurn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I have just bought a Raptor 48" SD and the steering is so sensitive. I would like to know is there any way to adjust the dampers so it would have a little resistance when I push the bars forward? It's seems to be a great mower. Thanks

mhavanti

Threads
HuTurn,

Once you have become familiar with and use to, you would not have them any other way. That can get you out of a lot of trouble.

After you've operated it for four or five mowings, come back and tell us if you still want to slow them down. One more thing you may want to do is to ask someone that has owned one for a while if yours is any more sensitive than theirs. My guess is they are the same.

Good luck,

Max

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The method I use with my customers who are having trouble getting used to things is to steer with you dominant hand and concentrate on that.
The other hand just follows on to keep speed with the steering arm.
Forget about the one stick forward one stick back turning till you are comfortable and at home with the machine.

If the sticks are close enough use one hand holding both and twist your wrist to make wide turns.
Some have found that holding the sticks in a fist with your thumbs protruding and try to keep the thumbs touching each other.

Just a matter of hand - eye co-ordination.

mhavanti

Threads
Bert,

Well crapola! I was using the tough love thing and here you go putting logic into the fray. lol. I was thrown into the pool at two and just before hitting the water in the 10 foot end, seems I may have heard the words: Sink or Swim. lmbo

Good advice for newbies.

Hope all is well in the land of OZ!

Max