Hustler Raptor SD 54 rattling noise.

P Finn

Forum Newbie
First time poster!

I have a new Hustler Raptor SD 54" that is making a slight rattling noise when the deck is engaged? The mower is new with 5 hours on it and I love it. Great mower and im very happy with my choice. My neighbors with other ZTM are jealous of this beefier residential ZTM. Im just seeing if there may be a simple fix before I have to contact my dealer.

Thanks for the help!
 
If you check it out visually and nothing catches you eye i would take it back to dealer or have them send a technician out due to warranty protocol.
 
This has been an issue for some SDs. It's a simple fix. The clutch assembly has a spot where you can see a gap between the clutch body and a metal piece that comes out and is bent...that description is the best I have. Anyway, they can rattle against each other. The fix is to insert a thin metal shim.
 
Back
Top