Export thread

Hustler Muffler Shield Kit

A

Andercomm

Hi...I am hoping someone can give me some help...feeling rather frustrated by the run-around...!

I have a 2016 Hustler Raptor SD 60" - that like many people know - just absolutely burns the grass if you stand in one place for a minute from the muffler heat.

I have read many posts about mounting a Muffler Shield to the mower - and decided to do it.
I saw one post that mentioned parts #119607 and #119610 - but not which mower model they belonged to. I have also seen posts about part #120564 and some talk about small windows cut in the shield for my two Hydro keys. I want to buy one - but don't want the mail order hassle of getting the wrong $100 part and having to do the return/refund/re-stocking fee thing.

I first called Hustler Corporate to inquire if they could give me the correct part number to fit my mower - as I had looked at the .pdf schematic parts diagram for my mower and did not see it listed. I was promptly told basically they offer no direct support - call your local dealer.

So I did as directed and connected with my local authorized dealer - and he too could not determine the appropriate part number on his factory diagrams and listings. He said he would have to send an inquiry to Hustler Corporate and ask - but they were often VERY slow to reply.

Well it has been 2 weeks now and still no word back...and of course a few more bright brown spots on my lawn to show for it.

Anyone owning a Raptor SD 60" that might provide me the correct Hustler Muffler Shield Kit Part #...?

M

mechanic mark

I just got off phone with MR, Daniel Guerrero at 1-877-772-7871 press 1. Daniel said to call him with your Hustler complete Model # so he can give you the correct part # for your 2016 Hustler Raptor SD muffler heatshield kit.
Free Parts Manual above.

StarTech

StarTech

I just got off phone with MR, Daniel Guerrero at 1-877-772-7871 press 1. Daniel said to call him with your Hustler complete Model # so he can give you the correct part # for your 2016 Hustler Raptor SD muffler heatshield kit.
Then you had better than me as I ordered a pin and rod for Hustler Fastrak an it been sitting the Florida post office since June 4. I have been trying to get a straight answer about the part for the last three weeks. Great service until you have a problem. I finally just made the part.

Here the tracking just looked up a few minutes ago.
1625082706402.png

A

Andercomm

Thanks...It looks like my Model # is 933127. I will try and give him a call...!

A

Andercomm

Well...I gave Daniel a call today - he was very nice and spent considerable time looking at his Hustler diagram(s) for my Raptor SD model. He said he could see an image of the Muffler Shield part - but that no Part Number was listed...!

So am back to asking members here what Model Numbers they may have used in the past for their Raptor SD 60" mowers to resolve the muffler heat problem...?

The Chairman

The Chairman

Why not save a lot of money and just make one? I have a 2017 Raptor SD and it does not burn my lawn, but if I stop, I always idle it down or turn it off. It might be my bahia grass that's just resistant, but it just doesn't happen. However, since it's spoken of often here, I've looked at the issue and it seems just a bit of sheet metal would all you need. Drill & tap the backplate and then curl it around the muffler or drill and tap somewhere on the undercarriage.

A

Andercomm

I hate to admit it - but when I retired and moved into a rural 'down-sized' house...I had to get rid of my work bench and most of my tools...so I am by necessity into a pre-fabricated part that I can just bolt into place.

A

Andercomm

So I am back to my original question I guess - which Hustler mower model does part #120562 and #120564 fit...? I presume one is a standard Raptor and the other is a Raptor SD...?

peapicker

peapicker

I have a 2016 Raptor SD 48”. Probably the same shield as a 60”. I don’t have the part#, but I got it from The Mower Shop in Fishers, IN. They conduct a lot of business online and brick-and-mortar. You can call their store and talk to a live, friendly person. They are Hustler experts and I know that they can help you. Their prices are very competitive and service is great.

JayTee

JayTee

Hi...I am hoping someone can give me some help...feeling rather frustrated by the run-around...!

I have a 2016 Hustler Raptor SD 60" - that like many people know - just absolutely burns the grass if you stand in one place for a minute from the muffler heat.

I have read many posts about mounting a Muffler Shield to the mower - and decided to do it.
I saw one post that mentioned parts #119607 and #119610 - but not which mower model they belonged to. I have also seen posts about part #120564 and some talk about small windows cut in the shield for my two Hydro keys. I want to buy one - but don't want the mail order hassle of getting the wrong $100 part and having to do the return/refund/re-stocking fee thing.

I first called Hustler Corporate to inquire if they could give me the correct part number to fit my mower - as I had looked at the .pdf schematic parts diagram for my mower and did not see it listed. I was promptly told basically they offer no direct support - call your local dealer.

So I did as directed and connected with my local authorized dealer - and he too could not determine the appropriate part number on his factory diagrams and listings. He said he would have to send an inquiry to Hustler Corporate and ask - but they were often VERY slow to reply.

Well it has been 2 weeks now and still no word back...and of course a few more bright brown spots on my lawn to show for it.

Anyone owning a Raptor SD 60" that might provide me the correct Hustler Muffler Shield Kit Part #...?
Hi Andercomm,

It looks like you have not gotten an answer yet. I've just gone through this with my 52" Raptor LTD and am currently returning Hustler Heat Shield #120564. It's for the Raptor SD. The part for mine is #120562.

Just got off the phone with Excel Industries and talked to Andrea for parts numbers.
Hustler Raptor SD Heat Shield Kit Part #120564
Hustler Raptor LTD Heat Shield Kit Part #120562

And the problem I ran into, the SD Heat Shield would match up with my frame for mounting, but the arms for the hydrostats on my LTD did not match up with the holes in the SD heat shield.

John