Hustler Fastrak SDX 2020 deck adjusment

breagler

Threads
1. I got this unit two weeks ago and the transportation latch would not engage and was told it had to wear in.
2. When setting the stop pin to 3.25", the blade is 4.5" from the floor. I did have the mower on a flat and level concrete floor to begin with.
3 I then followed the service manual to level the deck at 3.25", following the directions and triple checking that everything was as it should be I still have the same cutting height as before.

I noted there are two metal tabs just above the back of the deck that prevent the deck from moving up to engage the transportation latch so this is the problem with that part.
My deck is level but at the wrong height as indicated, this does not prevent me from cutting but it will not go as low as I would like at 2 1/2" for my lawn.
I this a known issue or am I being too picky having spent this kind of $$$$? any advice would be great!.

Called the dealer and they said a service rep would call me asap......still waiting.....

Cheers to all,
GB

Attachments

• IMG_6263.jpg
    IMG_6263.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6261.jpg
    IMG_6261.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6264.jpg
    IMG_6264.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

breagler

Threads
See page 3.9 in manual above, I know it says for 2016 year model but may be close to the same. Let us know if this helps or not, thanks, Mark
Thanks Mark! I did a deck level adjustment as per the service manual and with the deck height set at 3.25" the blades are 4.5". This is also the way is was delivered, I asked the dealer to check why the deck is too high so we shall see.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Mark! I did a deck level adjustment as per the service manual and with the deck height set at 3.25" the blades are 4.5". This is also the way is was delivered, I asked the dealer to check why the deck is too high so we shall see.
Thanks for responding breagler, please keep us informed, thanks, Mark

breagler

Threads
I sent my fastrak back to the dealer and they lowered the deck and re-aligned, apparently it was not setup prior to sale. It's all good now!!

Mr. Mower

Threads
That's the "DEALER" for you!

Good that you got it all worked out.

Richie F

Threads
But how did they correct it ?

breagler

Threads
They lowered the deck to it's lowest possible setting and leveled the deck is what I was told. It operates at the proper height and the transportation latch functions as it should.
Cheers,