hustler bracket problem on my 2015 hustler sd

bhobocan

Forum Newbie
Threads
need some advice a year ago the bracket between the transmissions broke and husler sent another one that the dealer replaced. Since then on 2 occasions the bolts came out of the top of the bracket causing it to shift and tear the transmission belt. Hustler will not warranty even though it has on ly 150 hours on it. The last time the bolt out the upper where the bolt mounts to broke. These were replaced by a hustler dealer. When I got mower back a week ago noticed that all bolts were torqued to around 25 ft-lbs, and could easily be torqued more. The bulletin with the new bracket says to torque to 30 lbs, and I was wondering if this is the proble. Could probably torque to 70-80 Lbs What do you think, I love the tractor, but in the last 3 months the fixes by the dealer have cost me $500.
Called hustler but they offer no help at all. Unfortunately this may be may last hustler, dealer keeps saying he hasn't seen this happen before.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
need some advice a year ago the bracket between the transmissions broke and husler sent another one that the dealer replaced. Since then on 2 occasions the bolts came out of the top of the bracket causing it to shift and tear the transmission belt. Hustler will not warranty even though it has on ly 150 hours on it. The last time the bolt out the upper where the bolt mounts to broke. These were replaced by a hustler dealer. When I got mower back a week ago noticed that all bolts were torqued to around 25 ft-lbs, and could easily be torqued more. The bulletin with the new bracket says to torque to 30 lbs, and I was wondering if this is the proble. Could probably torque to 70-80 Lbs What do you think, I love the tractor, but in the last 3 months the fixes by the dealer have cost me $500.
Called hustler but they offer no help at all. Unfortunately this may be may last hustler, dealer keeps saying he hasn't seen this happen before.

Get yourself some grade 9 bolts that are too long so the unthreaded portion spans the join of the two pieces of metal
Then cut it short enough to fit.
Use a nylock nut on the end or better still a high tensile nut & locknut.
This topic has been regularly discusses here so search
Brace", "loose trans" or similar within the Hustler Forum.
In fact you could just scan the titles for them.
Several really good work arounds

Johnm1469

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are 100% aware of problem. You need the upgraded transmission bracket and clutch cover bracket. If you read the reviews at Hustler website happen to numerous people. I went through the nightmare. I would never buy one again. Your dealer knows all about it to he is lying to you.. File a report with US consumers protection agency . I talked to a manager supposedly an engineer one at Hustler. Blames it on us. Customer service is awful

DK35vince

Threads
Its a well known issue with the Raptor.

clubairth

Threads
Yes I have posted this about 4 or 5 times as nobody reads and just starts new threads.

You need 2 braces installed. Like in this picture.
Everything else is just a symptom of the problem caused by the Hydro's not being tied together strong enough.

Hydro Cross Braces-Labeled.jpg

Once you install these all your problems will be solved.

Johnm1469

Forum Newbie
Threads
The dealer is well aware of problem but Hustler and dealers want to keep low profile. Hustler lost me as a customer. I would never buy from again. Before this I spoke well about Hustler. No more. File a complaint with the U.S consumer protection agency. Hustler can have my 2015 Hustler Raptor sd 54. Good business would be covering your defective product. As far as reviews on Hustler website, my review was not posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-182629_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-182629_Email.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20191127-182642_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-182642_Email.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 16