Husqvarna Z4219 ZTR riding mower - transmission leak

chance123

Threads
  • / Husqvarna Z4219 ZTR riding mower - transmission leak
Looks like I have to put this on the back burner for some higher priority work. I am still waiting for a reply from Hydro Gear. If you want to call them, they are in Illinois. Their number is (217) 728-2581 Give them your numbers and they should be able to tell you about the oil specs

danielbmartin

Threads
What are your numbers?
As mentioned in a previous post this mower belongs to a neighbor and has been returned to him. I can get the numbers if that is essential. The owner is continuing to use the mower because it is still operational. The "feel" of the left control indicates approaching trouble. It works but the machine no longer responds to movement of the control lever in a smooth and linear fashion. That's why I want to add fluid now rather than wait until it flat-out quits.

Daniel B. Martin

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
As mentioned in a previous post this mower belongs to a neighbor and has been returned to him. I can get the numbers if that is essential. The owner is continuing to use the mower because it is still operational. The "feel" of the left control indicates approaching trouble. It works but the machine no longer responds to movement of the control lever in a smooth and linear fashion. That's why I want to add fluid now rather than wait until it flat-out quits.

Daniel B. Martin

Here's a link to the Service manuals on HydroGear's website if that'll help.

Hydro-Gear Service Repair Manuals

Rosierey440

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't see an answer here to the original question about which fluid to use and how much? I also have a prob with one of these units and my problem started with a brand new pump! It was able to be perged of air at first and solved the slow speed issue I am having, but now it is not working and I am stuck with trying to find an alternative solution to replaceing the unit a second time because its over the 90 day parts warranty!... Now I am stuck with trying to put fluid in it and make it work! Please.... Anyone have an answer to this oil type and amount question?

It just so happens that I have a timecutter in here now that has a case leak! The left drive is a Hydrogear #ZC-DFBB-5WA-3CPX
The right is #ZC-AFBB-5W5A-2CPX. What are your numbers?
There is no gasket as I have torn one down in the past. If that is similar to yours, you will need to remove it. Remove all the case bolts and "carefully" remove the case. I say carefully because of the thrust washers that "might" adhere to the case by the oil. Clean all the gasket material off of both pieces. Don't button it up yet as I am waiting on a reply from Hydro gear about "filling with oil and what kind, and capacity. It just might be easier to fill with oil while it is apart.

danielbmartin

Threads
Please.... Anyone have an answer to this oil type and amount question?
I wrote the Original Post in this thread. The owner put his Husky mower in storage during the cold season, so I have not had an opportunity to service it. I found an on-line manual which specifies 54 ounces of SAE 20-50 engine oil as a full fill.

Daniel B. Martin