Husqvarna YTH24V48 24-HP V-Twin starting issue

Rms59

Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH24V48 V-Twin lawn tractor that won't start unless I give it a shot of starting fluid. It doesn't matter if it's a warm or cold start, or whether the choke is closed or partially open, it will just crank and crank as if there was no spark.

If I give it a little shot of starting fluid, it starts right up and runs perfectly. It will fast throttle or idle smooth without even a pop. I can cut the entire lawn without one problem. If I shut it off it won't start again until I give it another shot of starting fluid.

Any guesses?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull off the air filter and check that the choke is closing fully.
The other idea would be a low float height.
Final one is the old favourite, valve lash too big causing a slow turnover preventing sufficient venturi to get fuel ito the cylinder.
Or any combination of the three.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would make sure the choke is working.
I have a engine that I have to choke every time I start it.

JW!

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a sears lawn mower which is a Husky, it has been hard to start right from day 1, I did find the choke was not correctly adjusted when I first got it, so I corrrected that. I thought the fuel pump was bad and replaced that, not the problem. Then I read somewhere by putting the choke on then immediately moving to off then on, the lawn mower magically starts. I do not need the choke on when it is warm seems to start right up after it has been used. It is about 10 yrs old and because of the long cranking time, I am on my 3rd battery, it's definitely hard on batteries to spin the engine for the length of time to start it.