Husqvarna YTH2448 wheels stuck????

wideglidefever

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, new to this site and I am glad I found it! I am hoping someone can help me out. This riding mower has given me more issues than I care to mention, but here is the latest:

I have a Husqvarna YTH2448 riding lawnmower, I believe its a 2004. Today when I was mowing the grass I had to quickly push in the clutch to stop and avoid hitting a fence in the middle of a turn. Afterwards, I was unable to get the mower to go in forward or reverse. In either direction, when I let out on the clutch I hear a noise, kind of like a manual transmission being grinded into gear. Since I couldnt drive the lawnmower, I tried pushing, but the rear wheels seem to be locked ( I put the mower in freewheel control ).

Appreciate any assistance you can provide!!!

wideglidefever

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well after tinkering around for a while I found the problem, well one of them anyway. The rod that connects to the clutch pedal and goes to the rear connects to a lever that connects to the clutch. That rod has a spring, adjuster nut, and jam nut attached to it and there was a lot of free play in it. So I took that off, moved the adjuster nut up a few threads and tightned it back down with the jam nut. That seemed to fix the problem for now, but.......I also noticed that the V drive belt is worn and loose, which may be the cause of that shift rod getting so much slack in the first place. So I got it temporairly fixed for now and was able to finishing cutting the lawn. But I am going to order a new belt to hopefully permamently fix the issus.