Husqvarna yth2448 deck belt replacement

Tinker1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've pulled the deck from my 2003 husqvarna yth2448. Replaced the blades but now cant get the belt spring to reconnect. It's too strong for me to pull to the bracket to attach. Can someone give me advise on reattaching the belt spring.?
Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is the same belt and rerouted correctly all you need is a spring hook or a section of rope to pull spring to the attachment point. IF new belt it may be too short. I see that a lot with aftermarket belts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I had a little old lady show me how she put the deck belt back on.
She used a ratchet tie down, with the ratchet end hooked over the right footboard then run over the floor round the left foot board then down onto the tension pulley arm.
On the tension arm she said the hook kept popping off so she ran the strap around it and hooked the hook back over the strap.
Usually I slip a long wrench on the pulley nut and use that for extra leverage.
Run the belt over the tension pulley but leave it off the left pulley so when you pull the tension arm back it will be easy to slip the belt one and you are not working deep under the mower.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some different ways depending on what you have. Sometimes there is a square hole in the arm you can put a breaker bar in and lever arm over with spring connected.
Sometimes you can use a socket and breaker bar on idler pulley mounting bolt to lever arm over.
Make a loop of thin nylon rope and hook end of spring in loop to pull end of spring. Some fence wire will work also.
Cut a notch in a long piece of 1/8 x 1 stock use to pull spring.
Ratchet strap trick.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

this tool will get it done, open pliers fully & install small bottom end through spring then place end to attaching point. you may need vise grips to install end of spring to attaching point.

Last edited: