Export thread

Husqvarna YTH2348 PTO stopped working while mowing, now no power to the hour meter or anything

Dannyp

Dannyp

Battery is good, new ignition switch, power to solenoid, solenoid checks good and mower will run by crossing solenoid post, with key off, turn key on it dies---no PTO function.
Checked seat switch and it checks good. Don't seem to have any power to ignition switch.
Really appreciate your help.
Thanks, Danny.

I

ILENGINE

Have you checked the fuse. Should have power to the B terminal on the key switch since in should go directly from the starter solenoid battery side through a fuse directly to the key switch.

Dannyp

Dannyp

Have you checked the fuse. Should have power to the B terminal on the key switch since in should go directly from the starter solenoid battery side through a fuse directly to the key switch.
New fuse and is good. Only mv power at B.

I have battery voltage, 12.6v, on both sides of the fuse.

Dannyp

Dannyp

New fuse and is good. Only mv power at B.
When the PTO quit while mowing the mower was still running and drove it to house. When I killed the mower with the ignition switch and tried to restart there was nothing, not even the hour meter??
Thanks for you help.

I

ILENGINE

So you are only reading millivolts at the key switch is that correct. If so there is a problem between the fuse and the B terminal on the key switch.

Dannyp

Dannyp

So you are only reading millivolts at the key switch is that correct. If so there is a problem between the fuse and the B terminal on the key switch.
Yes, Thank You. Any recommendations as to what I should be looking for?

I

ILENGINE

Broken wires or corroded terminals. Loose connection at the fuse can also cause issues.

Dannyp

Dannyp

Where do the colored wires attach to what terminal on the ignition switch. The plug for the ignition was in poor condition so I had to remove the wires from the plug and plug directly into the switch. My wire colors are; 2-wires B&W, 1-black wire, 2-wire green, 1-blue, 1-yellow, 2-wire black, 1-white. This is a seven wire plug. Do you have a picture or diagram that shows these wire colors and where they go? Have not been able to find this particular wire color connection on the internet.

StarTech

StarTech

Need the product code from the serial number tag.

Dannyp

Dannyp

Need the product code from the serial number tag.
Thank you, please let me know if this is what you need
I tried to post the schematic , couldn't find a way to do it.
Husqvarna YTH2348 960450005 01 schematic

Dannyp

Dannyp

FIXED IT! With help from you all.
Broken wire between fuse and "B" ignition switch terminal.
Thanks, really appreciate your help; Have a great day, Danny.