Husqvarna YTH22V46 V-Twin Hydro 46" 22HP - Mistake?

Zenmower

Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH22V46 V-Twin Hydro 46" 22HP - Mistake?
001.JPG

002.JPG

Took delivery this morning at 10:45 am. What a beauty!

I did tack on the extended warranty. At the outside chance it will need service beyond my capability within the next 4 years, we have no way of getting that beast to a service center without paying someone to transpo it. So one housecall (and free transpo if needed) would cover the cost of the extended plan imho. It's a gamble yes, but I would be bugged in the back of my mind without it after spending around $2k for the mower with tax, etc. If anything, it was worth it for the peace of mind I have now.

That kohler engine looks awesome! Cranks like there's 24 horses under the hood trying to bust out and stampede the neighbors! I mowed the back and side (about an acre total) today and love it! I can throttle up through the thicker stuff (and I get a mix of whacky fast growing grasses AND weeds out here in the country - plus I was past due to mow these areas).......... and with the throttle cranked, I could not believe how quickly I could cruise along without bogging down the blades!

Man... comfort, had my tea in a 16.9oz bottle (with cap on it of course!) in the cup holder and had the arm rests lowered... not all that necessary, but kind of kewl having 'em there. I blazed through all that in about half the usual time (I wasn't really watching the clock.. but it was fast compared to the usual!). If you'll pardon the french, what a kick *** mower!

Oh.. and yes, I am a geek... I read the manual rather thoroughly before receiving the mower. I did in fact lower the air pressure in the very much over inflated at the factory tires using a standard tire gauge (I just ordered a low pressure reading tire gauge too)! AND, in spite of the delivery guy saying it's done at the factory, I even went through the proper steps to purge the transmission before taking her out for a spin.

The delivery guy said they filled the oil with what comes with the mower. I checked it after he left and it was Full on the money. No more, no less. All I had to do was fill it up with gas. The visible gas gauge is too hard to see through though to make it useful - plus you can't look at it while filling the tank anyway. I just kept pouring until I could see gas reach the bottom of the fill neck... perfect!

I'm utterly pleased - as first impressions go. I will remain a bit skeptical until I get through a few more full mows of my property. But for now.... oh man, I am in mower geek heaven! lol

Last edited:

Zenmower

Threads
I think the FR stands for Fast Rider :laughing:, I do think you will be very pleased. Pay attention to the oil level in the engine, mine was overfilled from the get go a little and caused some smoke on startup after stopping on downgrade and talking to neighbor about the new machine when I first got it but no worries after that at all. I changed the breakin oil after 18 hrs and went back with the Kohler Oil and filter and I now have 30hrs on my mower and it's awesome. I also bought the 4 yr warranty at 5% discount, so like you it was a no brainer. One more thing, check the air pressure in the tires, most of he time they come over inflated for ease of movement. I run 8 to 10 psi front and 6 to 8 psi rear.

You know, the FR very well could stand for fast rider! I saw that reference on one of the product pages. This mower is noted for being the fastest in its class! 7 point something mph top speed... and it does fly!

chobbs1957

Threads
You know, the FR very well could stand for fast rider! I saw that reference on one of the product pages. This mower is noted for being the fastest in its class! 7 point something mph top speed... and it does fly!

I'm jealous of the electric PTO, arm rests, fabricated deck, and twin cylinder Kohler, not to mention the fast transmission. Looks good, thanks for sharing.

Zenmower

Threads
Yeah, the electronic PTO was icing on the cake. I didn't even notice that as a feature until after I locked in the order last night. Works like a charm too!

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Chobbs. Steer clear of the BS V engine. My Intek V failed early. No one has mentioned the Husky/Kawasaki. I forget the model but think it may be a dealer item and alittle more $. I will look at that one next time.