Export thread

Husqvarna YTA22V46 I can't get it to change directions

W

woodchip44

I park my mower so that I do not have to go into reverse. It is very hard to change directions so I try not to need to. I have stepped on the brake and other foot pedal actions to get it to shift.

Is there an adjustment that can be made or am I looking at a trans overhaul?

The mower is about three years and the shifting started out with jerks when changing directions to now almost impossible to change directions.

Thanks for any help.

StarTech

StarTech

Those GTI RS800 are not rebuildable other than external components. It is a plastic transaxle so those parts do wear, break, and bind. BUt debris on the top of the transaxle seems to be the biggest problem.

W

woodchip44

Took the battery and holder out and used compressed air and cleaned what debris that was on top of the transaxle, no joy.

Looks like I will need a new trans-axle.

Can I replace with a hydro-static instead of the automatic, which I really don't like?

Thanks

B

bigunn

You can and will see that there is a variable speed pulley there are 4 screws that hold that in when you get it out you buy that whole piece should come with 2 new shift arms there is a couple of videos on youtube not a hard fix about 120.00 but is a week spot you have to keep it blown out. it is under the gas tank.