Husqvarna YTA1946 Model #96048005500, Electrical problem

EC Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTA1946 Model #96048005500, Electrical problem
This mower was brought to me as it won't start. Naturally, the First thing I thought was old gas and carb But as I was taking Carb off, I noticed the 2 wires, blue and black that go to the, I'll call the warm-up choke had a split in it that looked like it had something connect the two wires together, I'm thinking a resister (just guessing) would I be right? And if I'm right does anyone know where I can get the part and what part number would it be? Or can I bypass this with a live wire and a toggle switch to shut off when the mower is running? I tested the warm-up choke when I had the carb off and it works. Now might be a crazy question if I take out the Solenoid on the carb Bowl and it is gravity fed would there not be gas coming out? I also tested Solenoid and it works.
Please help.

EC Rider

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You are better off just converting to a manual choke by removing the solenoid, choke link, choke lever, and thermal snap switch of the ready start system ( items 422, 493, 951, 216A, and 1478)and adding a 691840 (item 216) choke link. And your wallet will thank you. Beside depending your engine's datecode you may even change the engine's wiring harness.

Once converted you just move the throttle lever to choke position to start the engine and move to run position once started.
1692040063177.png
If that item you are referring to is on the solenoid most likely is a common signal diode.

Bertrrr

Threads
Automatic chokes are garbage , No matter , shoot some starting fluid in the carb first to see if it tries to run, if so , you have a fuel problem and work to that end. if it doesn't try to run with starting fluid , it's ignition so go that direction before spending money on stuff you don't need.

EC Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Automatic chokes are garbage , No matter , shoot some starting fluid in the carb first to see if it tries to run, if so , you have a fuel problem and work to that end. if it doesn't try to run with starting fluid , it's ignition so go that direction before spending money on stuff you don't need.
Thank you, I tried that and you are right, Fuel problems.

EC Rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are better off just converting to a manual choke by removing the solenoid, choke link, choke lever, and thermal snap switch of the ready start system ( items 422, 493, 951, 216A, and 1478)and adding a 691840 (item 216) choke link. And your wallet will thank you. Beside depending your engine's datecode you may even change the engine's wiring harness.

Once converted you just move the throttle lever to choke position to start the engine and move to run position once started.
View attachment 66306
If that item you are referring to is on the solenoid most likely is a common signal diode.
Thank you for your quick reply, I will gratefully take your advice.