Export thread

Husqvarna VS Ariens?

J

Jeremey

Hello all!

I am looking to purchase a new zero turn mower and it seems I have boiled to two options...the Husqvarna MZ61 and Ariens Apex60.

These two appear to check the majority of the “boxes” I have which are...
  • 60” deck
  • Prosumer build and components
  • Mowing 5 acres with slight hills and only a few tree
  • ~$5,000 budget
I cannot really decipher online as to which would be the better choice as there aren’t a lot of reviews / comparisons even though their specs are very similar.

A couple points I did find were...
  • the Apex60 has a 4yr / 500hr warranty and the MZ61 has a 4yr / 400hr
  • The Apex60 has a 10 gauge deck and the MZ61 has “twin sheets” of 11 gauge (not sure if that’s exactly as it sounds - as in its almost twice as thick).
At this point, I’d love some input from those with experience with both or either mowers to help me decide which way to go.

Thanks!

K

keakar

with ayp brands they are 3 levels of quality

husqvarna - best quality
poulan/cratfsman - good quality
ariens - cheapest quality mowers

this is just my opinion from having worked on so many of them and seen how long they last

J

Jeremey

Thank you for the reply!

I know this is a stupid question but what is an “AYP brand”?

J

Jeremey

Never mind...Google IS my friend!

So Husqvarna and Ariens are built by the same parent company...or whatever.

I see that Cub Cadet has some more prosumer level mowers as well and close to the budget level...would that be a better option? Or are there other brands I should be looking at?

One of the things I’m looking for is also durability / longevity. I intend on taking good care of the mower, servicing regularly, etc. so I want it to last as long as possible...given my budget isn’t that high I know there are some trade offs.

dougand3

dougand3

One of the things I’m looking for is also durability / longevity.
Research which hydrostatic transaxle each has. Read reviews, failure reports, etc.

J

Jeremey

Hello! Thank you very much for the reply!

Funny enough, every mower I’ve been interested has the same system...the ZT-3100.