Husqvarna transmission trouble

cop

Forum Newbie
I have a Husqvarna walk behind commercial mower. 36". I think it was built around the year2000. Model #968999102
It jumps out of second gear and on rough ground will slip into neutral or another gear. Sometimes it will also slowdown for no apparent reason. I do not have a shop manual, that's another problem.Husqvarna does not recognize the model number. Any ideas? Thanks. Cal
 
Don't know what you mean that husky does not recognize your mower? Just went to this website and downloaded a detailed parts list. I would start by checking belts and belt tension.
 
Look at the link I gave.

On transmission look at number 37.

Im not saying it is this but 9 times out of 10 this is the problem.
You need check everything else out before going into transmission.
 
Thanks. If the key is sheared it would not move all would it? Especially up hill. I see the chain connecting sprockets 9 and 10, I think it is. Now that I see the drawing I suspect the chain might be slipping on the sprocket. Lube and wear problem? Thanks for the downlo疆. I am not good on the computer and could not find it anywhere. I will report back when I learn more. Cal
 
Thanks. If the key is sheared it would not move all would it? Especially up hill. I see the chain connecting sprockets 9 and 10, I think it is. Now that I see the drawing I suspect the chain might be slipping on the sprocket. Lube and wear problem? Thanks for the downlo疆. I am not good on the computer and could not find it anywhere. I will report back when I learn more. Cal

The keys dont shear they just wear through time. The edges round off instead of being a nice 90 degree angle which locate in the drive cogs.
Usually wear due to shifting gear while on the move instead of stopping machine and then selecting a gear and moving back off again.
Just check belts and drive system are working 1st before stripping transmission.
Always start easiest 1st.
 
Rivets. Thanks for your response. I had checked the belts and could see nothing obivous. I tightened the drive belt.Unless there is a worn spot in just one place. I will check agin. Could you please give me the Husqvarna site you referred to ? Thanks, Cal
 
Back
Top