Repairs Husqvarna rz4623

orangeroughy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to everyone. I have a husqvarna rz4623 that my dad owned. He bought it two years ago. He died april2 of this year. He was 96 years old. Dad mentioned to me that the drive belt seemed to be slipping when he ran this mower. I looked at this mower yesterday. Hoe do I adjust the drive belt on this mower?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.
brad

gainestruk

Threads
I have same mower and bought at about same time, if you lift the seat you will see a spring in front of engine, that is what keeps belt tight.

There is a pulley under the spring, you can take spring off and make sure the arm holding pulley moves freely, while there check pulley for free movement (doesn't have a rough feel turning and no movement up and down or side to side)

About all you can do is replace belt and spring.

When I start my mower cold every now and then I here a little squeal, when I throttle up it goes away and once warm I only hear it occasionally and only at low rpm.

I now have 76 hours on mower and it has not been an issue, try running it a few times and see if that was what he was talking about, if it is I wouldn't worry about it.