husqvarna Royal 48S auto walk (self propelled) trouble

The title is my problem. Some more detail in the matter. It will walk but you need to pull the lever past its stopping point and then give the mower a push and it will start to walk. I looked underneath it and has an assistant pull the lever everything looks fine. I think i might need to shorten the tension wire just a bit. But I'm unsure of how to shorten the tension wire and if this is even the problem. A second opinion would be great. Thanks

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that once the leaver was pulled all the way i could still pull the thing it pulls back more, with my hand.
 
You may need a new belt if you can't take up the the tension wire or shorten it. look for ajustment on the cable.
 
K ill take a look and see. I saw lower down in the forums that there is a gear in the drive wheels.

the mower kinda pulls then stops then pulls then stops.
 
Sorry to be replying so late... I adjusted the tension wire and its working fine now.

The first time i tightened it too much that it was always walking XD. It ran away on me

Edit:

that picture is exactly what under the mower looks like.
 
Back
Top