Husqvarna Riding Mower, Model: YTH150, (Will not go Forward or Reverse)

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna Riding Mower, Model: YTH150, (Will not go Forward or Reverse)
Serial: 092498B 001377, Kohler Command Pro Series 15 HP

Request Help:

This is a Used Husq. Riding Mower. I bought it about 2 years ago.
I believe it is a 1999 series. I replaced both blades at the beginning
of this cutting season. About a week ago I was cutting in my back yard
and I had to stop and pickup a huge brickbat in my yard. When I got
back on the Mower cranked it up as normal, lowered the cutting deck,
and engaged the blades ---- I engaged the clutch and placed the
Stick in Forward..... Mower would not move. Placed the Stick in
Reverse, Mower would not move.
Need assistance. What should I look for to repair this problem.

Many Thanks,

Mike

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Serial number doesn't bring anything up...
but i would check that the drive belt is still on the pulleys and isn't laying slack... drive belt should be located above the deck just below the frame. try putting it in NEUTRAL, and then press the pedal down, be sure the belt tightens up...
Okay, according to the parts list it has a hydrostatic transmission.. could be an issue with it, but i would check that the belt hasn't fallen off any of the pulleys, engine pulley, idler pulleys then the trans pulley.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Be sure to check drive belt idler pulleys, bearings do fail inside these pulleys, Use OEM Husqvarna replacement parts on your tractor.

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads
but i would check that the drive belt is still on the pulleys and isn't laying slack... drive belt should be located above the deck just below the frame. try putting it in NEUTRAL, and then press the pedal down, be sure the belt tightens up...
Okay, according to the parts list it has a hydrostatic transmission.. could be an issue with it, but i would check that the belt hasn't fallen off any of the pulleys, engine pulley, idler pulleys then the trans pulley.
Thanks. I checked the Drive Belt and it is partially shredded and dislodged off the main drive pulley. I will order a new one and replace. I'm sure this will repair the problem. Many Thanks.

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I checked the Drive Belt and it is partially shredded and dislodged off the main drive pulley. I will order a new one and replace. I'm sure this will repair the problem. Many Thanks.

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Be sure to check drive belt idler pulleys, bearings do fail inside these pulleys, Use OEM Husqvarna replacement parts on your tractor.

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads

satterfmXX

Forum Newbie
Threads

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yeah, I bet that's doing it.
I think that mower takes a Husqvarna 532140294