Engine husqvarna lth130-blows fuse

rustyblade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need help with this one. The engine runs for about 15 to 30 min. while cutting yard, and the engine dies and blows fuse. I am still checking for shorted wires. Thanks for reading.

tx7

Threads
You could have a bad pot clutch. Put am ampere draw meter on the negative battery cable. Take a reading should be 6 amp or so. Then turn he pto on. If the draw stays negative the pto clutch is shorted inside. Later

rustyblade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info. I found the problem the next day, when i looked at the clutch more carefully. The plug on the clutch was melted a lil bit. I removed the clutch. The top bearing had lost some balls and i could pull the inner race out easily. Must of got hot, or just wore out. Luckily it still worked and didn't do any major damage to the shaft. The owner told me the mower gets rained on all the time. One of those things where i was going to get it running, after it sat idle for a year. The first thing i checked was the air filter. It was so loose, that i could pick the filter up about a half of an inch. The air filter and the air box was also slam full of grass and dirt. Needless to say i had to clean the carb. Luckily it didn't burn the rings up. It ran good. I didn't find out how old this unit is. I've been curios how good Kohler engines are. Once again, thank you.