Husqvarna LGT 2654 Deck change 54 to a 48 use the same hookup ?

Cool-Ace

Threads
  • / Husqvarna LGT 2654 Deck change 54 to a 48 use the same hookup ?
I recently bought this Husqvarna LGT 2654 I have big yard but not fond of this big deck . Can I put a 48 inch in place of the 54 and use all the same linkage of will I need other parts related to

Cool-Ace

Threads
Well I found my old manual of Husqvarna with 48 deck and numbers are the same so yes they will interchange everything hooks up the same using the same parts . So if anyone else wanted to know this information I am happy to post it
:cool:-Ace

keakar

Threads
only thing is you may require a different sized deck belt to maintain the correct belt tension but thats about it as far as i know.

you usually dont have any issues with compatibility unless you try to switch from PTO to manual deck cable engagement decks, i dont think trying anything like that will work

if you find an ariens, poulan, or craftsman 48" deck, look close for if the mounting brackets match then any of those decks will work as well since they are all made by AYP and most share the same exact parts

Cool-Ace

Threads
only thing is you may require a different sized deck belt to maintain the correct belt tension but thats about it as far as i know.

you usually dont have any issues with compatibility unless you try to switch from PTO to manual deck cable engagement decks, i dont think trying anything like that will work

if you find an ariens, poulan, or craftsman 48" deck, look close for if the mounting brackets match then any of those decks will work as well since they are all made by AYP and most share the same exact parts
Yes your correct and I did not think about the belt . I kind of had it in back of mind telling me it would be slightly smaller dropping from 54 inch to 48 . 48 inch deck uses pn 532 19 72-42 and the 54 inch uses pn 532 19 61-03 Belt Deck Drive I hope this might help other with adding the belt numbers . Also your right one the AYP info as is found on many mowers today ! I am not a mower repairman but collected over the years many downloaded manuals :ROFLMAO: Thank you for pointing that info out:)
:cool:-Ace