Husqvarna LD 128 brand new coil still no fire any ideas the weed eater is about a year and a half two years old.

Neal 1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna LD 128 brand new coil still no fire any ideas the weed eater is about a year and a half two years old.
Husqvarna weed eater 128-LD brand new coil still no fire any ideas??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Husqvarna LD 128 brand new coil still no fire any ideas the weed eater is about a year and a half two years old.
Lots of questions first.
1. We need all numbers off the engine please?
2. What was the part number of the coil you used as a replacement?
3. Was it an OEM or aftermarket coil?
4. How did you set the air gap?
5. Did you check for spark with the kill wire removed?
6. What was the initial problem and what else did you do to resolve it?
When we have the answers to all of these questions, we then will have a starting point as how to proceed.

LMPPLUS

Threads
Disconnect the wire from the kill switch and try it.

Tbone0106

Threads
Husqvarna weed eater 128-LD brand new coil still no fire any ideas??
Brand new coil? You know the new coil has to be properly gapped, right? (Sorry, but we have to ask the dumb questions first. I used to do computer tech work, and the first thing I asked on every call was, "Is it plugged in?"

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Brand new coil? You know the new coil has to be properly gapped, right? (Sorry, but we have to ask the dumb questions first. I used to do computer tech work, and the first thing I asked on every call was, "Is it plugged in?"
Boy one customer answer that question say years ago and I drove 3 hrs one way to repair the check singer just to find out the cord was plugged in the drop cord but the other end behind a safe was not. Boy the customer was mad when I had to bill six labor @$120/ hr for going out there.

One question is the plug firing or when the OP saying it not firing meaning it won't start but the plug is firing. If plug not firing then remove the kill from coil and test.

ermel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you solve your problem?? What was solution??